Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Trials of Momhood

I remember the days that I would fall asleep and not wake up until the morning. I remember the weekends when I would sleep until 10am and mosey around in my pajamas until noon. But now, I am lucky if I sleep a consecutive two hours at a time. (and this is not because of my 10 year old, it's because of my 2 two year olds) Many have said, "You need to train your dogs not to sleep with you." But looking at their angel faces, in our household that is not an option.

Last night was different and I wasn't upset with my one dog (AJ) who is stubborn when I let him out at 11pm....only wanting to stay outside and look for rabbits. He did stay out there, but I fell asleep sitting on the floor, propped up against the wall waiting for him. But when we all got back into bed, he wouldn't stop itching and shaking his head. By 1:30am I was over it and thought a Benedrill would calm him down. By 4am, we were all fast asleep.

This morning my poor baby's ear is bright red. I think he might have caught an ear infection when he was visiting the kennel. Poor thing.....if only they could say, "Hey, my ear hurts."

No comments: