Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Clutch, Some Rain, and a Cadillac

The one thing that I am lax on is car maintenance. I guess I got SO used to my dad taking care of all my car issues when I was growing up. I am 32 years old. It's been a while since I've lived with my parents. Don't get me wrong, I get my oil changed when the little sticker tells me I am due, but anything past that....

The lesson I have learned today is that if you think that your clutch is acting funny (maybe sticking a little) GO IN IMMEDIATELY or else you'll be on a hill, in the rain, the first one in line at a stop light when your car doesn't want to get in gear. All I have to say is that at least no one honked at me. They must have seen a sad little woman crying in her front seat. I just thank the LORD I could get a hold of my husband who came to my rescue and we sat in his car for an hour waiting for the tow truck. It was actually nice to have some quality time with my man.

When the tow truck came, my husband took me to Enterprise and I got a car to tide me over until my car gets fixed. Here's what they gave me:

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/gallery.jsp?model=srx

Leather seats. It even smells new! I now want a new car.

No comments: