Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Shot Through The Arm, And Your To Blame

Free Flu Shots!!

For some reason my new boss was quite excited about this and urged our department to sign up. (all 4 of us, she's not doing it because she's pregnant...excuses excuses) I guess last year a majority of the company got the flu...so free flu shots are being offered today. 

And because I travel with the herd and want to fit in, I got a flu shot. This has to be one of the stupidest things I have ever done to fit in that is for sure. There I was standing in line with my new found friends. One by one, each of them got their shot and walked past me saying..."Oh, it's really not that bad." One by one I started to become reassured that maybe it really wasn't all that bad. Telling myself, "You have 4 tattoos, this won't be bad at all."

I stepped up to the nurse and she told me I'll feel a little prick. And DAMN, my new found friends all lied to me. That kinda hurt. I would choose a tattoo over a flu shot ANYDAY!

And if I get the flu this year...I'll be mighty pissed.

2 comments:

sara. no h. said...

OMFG, I remember May Co. gave those out and the lady stabbed me with the needle twice! She was a sadist! Oh, I feel your pain!

Sass said...

I totally remember that experience of yours. Thus, confirming why I never got a shot. BUT peer pressure is a bitch and well, I thought, I am freaking 32 years old. I can do this.

Never again. Ever.