Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Name Above All Names


I have been long overdue for a trip away from St. Louis and this weekend was the perfect time for one. I have a dear friend that recently moved from Hawaii to Kansas City and because I am stoked she back on the mainland....I decided to head to Kansas City to see her (PLUS I knew she probably was long overdue for some Kel time!)

Erica and I very much the same. We're single moms. We're quite the empaths. And we take life by the horns and say, "Bring it." 

One of the BEST things about this weekend was Erica's daughter, Sequoia. I am her Auntie Kelly and it's a name that someone has given me that I will forever cherish. (It's 2nd best to being called Mommy.) She is the only one in my life that calls me Aunt because...I don't have any siblings, therefore technically cannot be anyone's aunt. BUT I AM AUNT KELLY to Sequoia....and I absolutely love it.

Being that I work for a dancewear company that makes THE CUTEST dancewear and costumes, I brought a few little items for Sequoia to enjoy. Next to myself, I have never seen anyone enjoy clothes like this little girl. It was FASHION SHOW weekend for sure. She seriously changed outfits like every half hour. On Saturday evening, we dropped her off at gymnastics (so Erica and I could enjoy a little girl time shopping for ourselves) and when she walked into the door the first thing out of her mouth was, "Look at what my auntie brought for me? Isn't it beautiful." Adorable. Words can't descibe how wonderful I felt.

There's just something about being called Aunt Kelly that I will never take for granted...and that I will truely live up to being given that name.  All I have to say is WATCH OUT WORLD, because this little 6 year old fashionista is going to be famous one day! And her AUNT KELLY is going to be supplying the diva's wardrobe!

No comments: