Monday, January 5, 2009

That's Right, This Girl Can Read


I never used to be much of a reader. I've tried to read books, but halfway through a paragraph my mind wanders. Should I take a bath, would I be successful as a tv star, if I ran into a celebrity would they want to hang out with me, I think we're out of cereal, I need a glass of wine...and then I'm out. Books rarely get finished because they don't hold my attention.

Until the Twilight series of books by Stephanie Meyer. The first author to capture my attention and keep it. She has 4 books. Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. I am on the 4th book, more than halfway done. Each page keeps my attention to a degree that shocks me. I read for 4 hours straight last night until I fell asleep. I love this author. I'm going to be sad when I finish the 4th book because I'm not sure if it's the characters or her writing style that I am captivated by. I think it's the characters. (seeing the first movie helped because the hottest actor in the world has lived in my brain for the past couple weeks.)


2 comments:

Sparky said...

Funny! I guess I'm going to have to break down and read this series to find out what all the hub-bub is all about!

Sass said...

OMG....you'll be addicted.