Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Last Resort? Really?

Last night I was doing my nightly ritual by watching the 9 o'clock news before bed. On the news, popped a breaking report about an apparent murder/suicide that had happened just down the street from where I live.  Stories like these affect me deeper than I guess the average person. (I say this only because my husband teases me about how empathetic and curious I am about stories.) I couldn't fall asleep after watching this report. (No, I didn't drive by) I just kept thinking...is this really a last resort of how to handle a problem in someone's mind? I just can't wrap my mind around this decision a person makes. Is it that bad that you have to kill your spouse and then yourself?

My heart goes out to these people's family. Because they left people behind that care deeply about them.....

No comments: