Thursday, May 21, 2009

3-way mirrors are the devil

Something has happened to my body that I am NOT happy about. I went to Target last night to try on swimsuits because we are heading to the Lake of the Ozarks this weekend. I wanted to sport a new cute swimsuit. I know myself and as much as I would love the itsy bitsy teeny weenie skull and crossbones swimsuit there on the front rack, I bypassed it and headed to the tankini's. They had a pretty decent selection of tankini's. (tankini's = 30+ age range). I grabbed a few and headed to the dressing room.

And that's when it happened.

I was standing there in front of the mirror. Able to see my sagging ass because of the mirror arrangement. I was mortified. When did my ass start sliding? I always heard people talking about gravity taking affect when you get older...but I would bound and determined NOT to have it happen to my ass.

The worst part was that NONE of the swimsuits fit me. My boobs were either popping out. (in this case, this was not flattering whatsoever) Or the butt of the suit covered only the top half of my ass. (only if you are a size 0 model with a banging tan and 20 years old does this look sexy.)

I even tried on a one piece.

And almost threw up.

That didn't even look good on me.

2 comments:

Sparky said...

I'm right there with you, sista. Just wait until you hit 39 and you really shouldnt be wearing the 30 something suits anymore. It's totally depressing. I'm better off in a t-shirt and shorts.

sara. no h. said...

honestly, it's probably not as bad as you think. Target has the least flattering lights known to man. They bring out every flaw. I won't even try on regular clothes there because it breeds anxiety. It's like the lighting they have magnifies flaws. ugh.

i am going to georgia in a month and we were going to hit up a little time in florida, and i had to fire the idea yesterday. i finally bought some new clothes at my fave store (finnish design, soooo cute) and the sales clerk helped me to "dress around my post-baby belly" which is rounder and squisher than i would prefer. but honestly, dressing me around a flaw. argh! i never thought i would see the day.

so nope, no bathing suits for me.