Thursday, December 11, 2008

How Did We Get So Many Ornaments??

When you get married, things (mostly housewares) often double. Double sets of silverware. 2 coffeemakers. 2 blenders. And these doubles, often end up in a garagesale or Goodwill's houseware department. Now, if you lived in my household you'd have a massive amount of Christmas ornaments.  My half of the ornaments were hand-me-downs. Ornaments I grew up with that my mom gave to me when I no longer lived with them. Ornaments that when pulled out of the box would get a story along with them. 

Then there are my husband's ornaments. How a straight, full time working man has this many ornaments is beyond me! But he did decorate his Christmas tree differently every year so he had to buy ornamants to coordinate with the tree that year.

So now, we have 3 trees. And enough ornaments to fill them all. Santa is truely confused when he comes to my house!!

No comments: