Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Song Sung Blue

Song sung blue, weeping like a willow. Why so blue you might ask? My husband bought me 4 tickets to the Neil Diamond Concert for this coming Friday. (continue reading when you stop laughing, that's not why I'm blue) I grew up listening to Neil Diamond. My dad would play his records on Saturday mornings and make me waffles. When I heard he was touring, I couldn't hold in my excitement.

We were planning on taking my parents. Dinner. Downtown. The Jazz Singer. What a fun evening!! My dad and I were stoked...sneding eachother crypted emails using the lyrics of Mr. Diamond's songs. (gotta love our humor) BUT today an email came stating that the concert had been postponed. At least they did reschedule it, September 10th. Not a Friday, but a Wednesday.

It's not like the concert will be wild and crazy...but it still will be a late night. It will be worth it though. Like seeing a childhood memory being sung right before my eyes. 




2 comments:

sara. no h. said...

but, now you can listen to this right before the show and mean it because it's september!

"September morn
We danced until the night became a brand new day
Two lovers playing scenes from some romantic play
September morning still can make me feel this way"

bluedog said...

Music aficionado that I am, Neal Diamond rocks. In that non-rockin kinda way. Did you ever see "Saving Silverman"? The best part of that movie is Neal Live.

I think it's pretty terrific that you have the chance of a lifetime. There are some bands that I've missed that I wish that I could have seen live, especially since I'm such a concert freak.

Have fun!